San Jose Water Line Services
Water Line Replacement & Installation in Santa Clara County
The water line is the pipe that carries water from the street to the house. As this is a major component of any plumbing system, it is important to ensure that the line is installed correctly the first time. If your water line needs installation or replacement, call our team at Royal Plumbing. As your local plumbers, we offer fast, reliable, and affordable services to take care of your water line problems.
Call us at (408) 869-5998 to schedule an appointment for water line services in San Jose!
What Causes Water Lines to Fail?
Because the water line is a pipe that carries water under pressure, it is prone to bursting. The pressure of the water can also erode the pipe, causing it to develop leaks or cracks. Another common reason for water line failure is corrosion. As the water in the pipe is under pressure, it can react with the metal of the pipe, causing the pipe to rust and weaken over time. This can eventually cause the pipe to burst or leak.
Other factors that can contribute to water line failure include:
- Age of the pipe: The water line is often an older pipe in the plumbing system. It is not uncommon for the water line to be 20 or more years old.
- External factors: External factors such as tree root intrusion or water line installation that is not up to code can cause the water line to fail.
- Improper installation: When the water line is not properly installed, it can become susceptible to leaks and failure.
Water Line Replacement in San Jose
Common signs that your water line requires replacement include:
- Rusty water: If the water line is damaged, it can cause the water to become discolored and have a rusty color to it.
- Strange sounds: If the water line is damaged, you may hear gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from the water when it is turned on.
- Damp walls or floors: If the water line is leaking, it can cause water to seep into the walls or floor around the water line.
- Water bills that are higher than normal: If the water line is leaking, it can cause the water bill to increase.
When the water line is too old or damaged to repair, you will need to have it replaced. This is a job that should be left to a professional plumber, such as the team at Royal Plumbing. We can replace the water line with a new pipe that is up to code and won't have the same issues as the old one.
“Extremely knowledgeable and efficient and as if that wasn't enough, they were also very reasonable. I highly recommend Royal Plumbing and will be using them for all my future plumbing need”
“I hired Royal Plumbing to redo the entire plumbing at my house in San Francisco. The work has recently been completed. Over the past few months that I've been working with this team, I've seen nothing but a professional team that delivers high quality.” - Afshin D.
“These people are locally owned and are always responsive when you call with a need. They are very knowledgeable. They have done quite a few different jobs for us. They are very honest and always good about calling to let you know when they will arrive.” - Karen Tran